Dust and Disease Board
The Dust Diseases Board's statutory function is to administer the Workers' Compensation (Dust Diseases) Act 1942.
Under the Act, the Board is required to:
- Determine eligibility and award compensation to workers and dependants of deceased workers
- Administer the Workers' Compensation (Dust Diseases) Board Fund and pay all monies for compensation awards and costs of administering the Act including operating expenses of the Dust Diseases Tribunal
- Administer the trust funds held on behalf of dependants of deceased workers
- Dust Diseases Covered by the Workers' Compensation (Dust Diseases) Act 1942
The Workers' Compensation (Dust Diseases) Act 1942 provides compensation to people who have developed one of the following diseases or a pathological conditional of the lungs, pleura or peritoneum that may cause one of the following dust diseases through occupational exposure to the relevant dust as a worker in New South Wales:
- Asbestos induced carcinoma
- Asbestos related pleural disease (ARPD)
- Farmers' Lung
- Hard Metal Pneumoconiosis
NDNS provides services to clients who have been awarded compensation via approval from DDB. These services include respite, nursing, personal care and domestic assistance.
Where can I get more information?
The Dust Disease Board website www.ddb.nsw.gov.au
Please click here to view our current Pricing Schedule