Lifetime Care and Support
NDNS are an approved attendant care provider for Lifetime Care and Support to support participants living at home and in their community.
If you've been severely injured in a motor accident in NSW from 1 October 2006 (for children under 16) or from 1 October 2007 (for adults), you may be eligible for the Scheme.
'Severely injured' can include:
- traumatic brain injury
- spinal cord injury
- permanent blindness.
To be eligible, you must meet specific criteria for both the injury and the motor accident. The criteria is outlined on the Lifetime Care and Support website - http://www.lifetimecare.nsw.gov.au/
The hospital in most cases will process your referral and assist to into the scheme. If you have already left hospital and think you may be eligible for the Scheme, you can Lifetime Care and Support on 1300 738 586 to find out more information about eligibility and how we can help you apply.
Through tthis scheme NDNS offer services:
- personal care (like bathing and getting dressed)
- domestic services (like cleaning and lawn mowing)
- home nursing (like managing medicines and other medical needs at home)
- supporting the participant to return to their family and community lives (like shopping for and preparing meals or support to attend activities)
- implementing rehabilitation programs (like support to attend appointments and carry out home programs).
To receive attendant care services, participants should first contact their Lifetime Care and Support Case Manager.